The project is implemented with financial support in the amount of 143,297 euros, provided by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway under the EEA Financial Mechanism - www.activecitizensfund.bg.The main goal
of the project is to raise civic awareness in the municipalities of Kostinbrod, Panagyurishte, Tryavna and Dryanovo and energy democracy, through collective action to support the energy transition.
The EU Green Pact and the transition to green energy presuppose the implementation of social innovations for the active participation of citizens in the energy market. Energy communities, as a social innovation for collective energy action, provide for open, democratic participation and governance and provide benefits for members and the local community.
Community energy promotes citizen participation and control over decision-making in the production, consumption and trade of renewable energy. Its potential for social innovation also lies in the ability of consumers to cooperate, regardless of their income and access to capital, ensuring that the benefits of decentralization are shared with those who do not have the means to do so. By increasing democratic access to alternative energy sources, citizens will gain greater confidence and motivation to benefit from a liberalized energy market.The leading organization
of the project is the Association of Bulgarian Cities and Regions / ABGR /.Partners:
The project will be implemented in the period 01/11 / 2021-30 / 04/2024.The specific objectives of the project are:
- "Institute for Entrepreneurship, Sustainable Development and Innovation" / IPURI /;
- "Bulgarian Energy and Mining Forum" / BEMF /;
- B16 Urban Energy AS, Oslo, Norway.
- Raising citizens' awareness of the energy transition.
- Implementation of social innovations for sustainable resource management in the municipalities of Kostinbrod, Panagyurishte, Tryavna and Dryanovo.
- Development of strategies for future green citizens' initiatives and business models for the establishment of energy cooperatives.